If you are considering adoption and seeking a family, please click here to view waiting families.
If you are interested in adopting a child, please call (530) 271-1740, or click here for more information on the adoption process and how we can help you.
Your Steps to Adoption Start Here:
If you are considering adoption, Lifetime Adoption Center can help.
Here are a few easy steps to getting the pregnancy and adoption help you need when you need it. We work with women in the military that are facing an unplanned pregnancy or considering adoption for older children.
You decide when you are ready to move forward with an adoption plan for your baby or older child. We have new adoptive families entering our adoption program each week, giving you a nice selection to meet the needs you have and the home life and future you want for your child.
- Contact one of our caring adoption coordinators by phone 24 hours, 7 days a week, by calling toll-free 1-800-923-6784 or send us an email with your questions. Lifetime coordinators have instant messaging at times during the day and evening - click here to find out more. A real person answers the phones 24 hours a day.
- At any time, you can view our pre-approved waiting adopting families profiles from our extensive list of Waiting Adoptive Families Profile Pages on our site. Bookmark adoptive parents you are interested in and send an email with your interest.
- Request from your coordinator, additional information and she will ask for the type of families you are seeking and send adoptive family profiles to you by regular mail. This can be sent confidentially if you like and we can assist you in completing the paperwork if this is helpful. This is a good time to request to speak to a licensed counselor or another birth mother mentor, if you would like more time to sort out your thoughts and feelings - the choices and time frame is up to you. There is no cost to you.
- Once you have your paperwork completed, just return it in the provided envelope to our center. You can also return your paperwork by fax at 1-877-293-3882. You will then be able to speak to adoptive parents of your choice. Be sure to let your adoptive coordinator know about your interest in specific adoptive families, at times we have more than one family being reviewed by other birth mothers.
- Once you have selected an adoptive family, you can meet with them or speak to them by phone. The choice is up to you and the adoptive parents and the type of adoption you are seeking. Your adoption coordinator can help you with suggestions as well. She will help you with any other needs you might have, such as finding a doctor, housing, or household needs. Please visit www.BirthmotherBlessing.com for more information.
- Remember to contact us by phone if you should go into labor early - our staff is use to handling urgent situations. We are well prepared for emergency calls from the hospital and work with hospital staff regularly. Our number is 1-800-923-6784 if this should happen. We will work with you and have adoptive parents that are aware of last minute adoptions, and will work to have a pre-approved adoptive family at the hospital within 24 hours.
Plan for your future and visit www.LifetimeAdoptionFoundation.org and learn more about how having a plan now can help your future. College scholarships especially for birthmothers.
(There are also Adoption Grants available for Adoptive Parents.)