Pregnant or Considering Adoption
Your Steps to Adoption Start Here:
If you’re considering adoption, we’re here to help. It’s up to you when you’re ready to move forward with an adoption plan for your baby or older child. We have a wide variety of hopeful Military adoptive families in our adoption program. This gives you a nice selection of families to choose from, so you can pick one that meets the needs you have and the home life and future you want for your child.
Here are a few easy steps to get the pregnancy and adoption help you need, when you need it. We work with women in the military that are facing an unplanned pregnancy or considering adoption for older children.
- Contact one of our caring adoption coordinators by phone 24 hours, 7 days a week, by calling
1-800-923-6784 or emailing us.
- The Adoption Coordinator you speak with will ask what you’re looking for in an adoptive couple for your baby. Then, she’ll mail you adoptive family profiles confidentially.
- Speak to a licensed counselor or a peer counselor. A peer counselor is a woman who has been in your shoes and made an adoption plan for her child. Getting counseling can help you sort out your thoughts and feelings. This counseling is available at no cost to you.
- Send your completed paperwork, in the provided envelope to Lifetime Adoption. You can also scan and email the paperwork to us, or return your paperwork by fax to
- Select your “top 3” choices in adoptive couples. You can then meet with them or speak to them by phone. The choice is up to you and the adoptive parents and the type of adoption you are seeking. Your adoption coordinator can help you with this conversation.
- Get help with your needs you might have, such as finding a doctor, housing, or household needs. Please visit BirthmotherBlessing.com for more information.
- Call us once you go into labor. If you go into labor early, know that we’re well-prepared for emergency calls from the hospital and work with hospital staff regularly. Our number is 1-800-923-6784 if this should happen. We will work to have the adoptive family at the hospital within 24 hours.
- Plan for your future; college scholarships especially for birth mothers are available.
Visit LifetimeAdoptionFoundation.org to learn more.